[Fontconfig] configure: error: Cannot determine suffix of executable build tools

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Jun 15 15:34:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Maximus wrote:

> Hi, I am using fontconfig-2.3.2 and face some compilation problems.
>
> It says:
> checking for suffix of executable build tools... configure: error:
> Cannot determine suffix of executable build tools
>
> I am appending my configure Out put.
>
> How to solve this problem.

Also look at the config.log file for the lines associated with that error.
(Try starting from bottom of file and working your way up until you find
the error.)

I am not sure if that will give a clue, but it often helps provide good
details for troubleshooting.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/