[Fontconfig] Re: How to disable the "global advance" for CJK fonts?

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Wed Jun 29 23:58:41 EST 2005

Ambrose Li <acli at ada.dhs.org> さんは書きました:

> Some time ago, iirc, someone else proposed on this list that global
> advance be turned off by default for all CJK fonts; from what I
> observe that would be an entirely reasonable thing, and I'd like to
> know any technical reason why that should not be the case.

Currently I use the following workaround, which seems to work OK:

<!--
  The dual-width Asian fonts (spacing=dual) are not rendered correctly,
  apparently FreeType forces all widths to match. Trying to disable the
  width forcing code by setting globaladvance=false alone doesn't  help.
  As a brute force workaround, also set spacing=proportional, i.e. handle
  them as proportional fonts:
-->

        <match target="font">
                <test name="lang" compare="contains">
                        <string>ja</string>
                        <string>zh</string>
                        <string>ko</string>
                </test>
                <test name="spacing" compare="eq">
                        <const>dual</const>
                </test>
                <edit name="spacing">
                        <const>proportional</const>
                </edit>
                <edit name="globaladvance" binding="strong">
                        <bool>false</bool>
                </edit>
        </match>

--