[Fontconfig] fontconfig 2.2.3 only works with iso8859-1

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Tue Mar 1 07:39:57 EST 2005

 Keith> As BDF fonts have so many other troubles, it's not exactly
 Keith> encouraging anyone to go try to fix this; I'm pushing to eliminate
 Keith> BDF/PCF fonts and replace them with bitmap glyphs encoded in true
 Keith> type files (SFNT), which seems better in all ways to me.

Please don't, at least for iso-8859-1 and iso-10646-1 encodings. I see
where the new font layout would shine brighter, but probably it's better to not
fix what ain't broken?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik