[Fontconfig] How to disable the "global advance" for CJK fonts?

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Sat Mar 19 16:02:03 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:50:43PM -0500, Ambrose Li wrote:

> 	AR PL KaitiM Big5
> 	AR PL SungtiL GB
> 	AR PL Mingti2L Big5
> 	AR PL KaitiM GB
> 	Kochi Gothic
> 	Kochi Mincho
> 	Ming(for ISO10646)	[i.e., HK government's reference font]
> 	MS Hei
> 	MS Song

I forgot to write that MingLiU should be in the list too.

Honestly, in my collection of CJK fonts, the list of "exceptions"
is about the same length as the list of correctly-handled fonts
(if not longer).  When you have the number of exceptions the same
as the number of non-exceptions, I don't think the exceptions can
be rightly called exceptions at all.