[Fontconfig] q about PCF font

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Thu Mar 31 18:57:05 EST 2005

On 31 Mar 05 at 06:30, "Keith" (Keith Packard) wrote:
 Keith> The 'right' solution is to convert the bdf font into a ttf font and
 Keith> transcode to Unicode.  FreeType, fontconfig and Xft are quite happy
 Keith> to deal with that result.

I'm curious about why ttf? It's a proprietary format with binary file
structure. Wouldn't it in that case be easier to change the original bdf file so
that the glyph definitions and the encoding field there would conform to
iso10646-1 ? Having done that myself, I think this is way easier than
doing ttf conversion, - do I miss something?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik