[Fontconfig] Re: broken caches

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 1 04:35:59 EST 2005

James Cloos wrote:

> Patrick> Actually, it's not just the charset values: on the
> Patrick> japanese/TrueType directory, all the strings, charset and
> Patrick> langset values are broken.
>
> Have you tried running fc-cache with different locales?
>
> (Just a guess....)
>
> BTW, I had to downgrade fc to before the patch that stores relative
> filenames in the cache-2 files.  Without the full paths in the cache
> files nothing was able to actually open their fonts.  Matching worked
> as intended, but the lib then tried to open those files in $CWD rather
> than in the same dir as the cache-2 file with the matching record.  (Or
> so I think; in any case the verifiable result was a SEGV.)

Yes, I had to revert that patch.  We need to put full paths into cache
files, but I'm not sure how to do that: does anyone know how to get the
full path for a file?

Actually, I wonder if that's even correct if fonts get placed on
different directories on different systems (do they?)

I'll try different locales.  It's weird.

pat