[Fontconfig] fonts dir in {fonts,local}.font

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 27 11:43:12 PST 2005

Jonas Melian wrote:
> In my '/etc/fonts/fonts.conf' file, it says:
>
>    DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
>    IT WILL BE REPLACED WHEN FONTCONFIG IS UPDATED.
>    LOCAL CHANGES BELONG IN 'local.conf'
>
> Then, what's happening with directories indicated in <dir> tags? (in
> that file)
>
> If I add some directories in '/etc/fonts/local.font' but there are <dir>
> tags in '/etc/fonts/fonts.conf', where are being found the fonts?

Hi Jonas,

I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to accomplish.  If you're
trying to not add the directories in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf but only the
ones in local.conf, you should put a <rejectfont> with the directories
that get added by fonts.conf.

pat