[Fontconfig] Re: Structure of cache files

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 4 05:51:13 EST 2005

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Just trying this again, it worked when copying an x86_64 cache to a i386
> machine.  Let me try the other way around again. I notice though, that
> FcDirCacheValid() needs to become a bit smarter. It should not consider
> a cache valid if it doesn't contain a section for the current platform.
> Otherwise, fc-cache may fail to add a section for the current plaform,
> since the cache file appears uptodate, timestamp-wise.

Great.  It ought to work the other way, if it works one way.  But let me
know what you find out.

Good catch on FcDirCacheValid.  I've just committed a fix for that which
will be in 2.3.92.  (Your mail arrived just a minute after I posted
2.3.91.  Oh well.)  Could you test that out too?

pat