[Fontconfig] blacklisting doesn't work

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Oct 22 12:35:12 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 21:27 -0400, Patrick Lam wrote:

> I think that I can make fontconfig load all fonts to put them in the
> global cache.  But maybe it's not such a disaster to have the *global*
> cache be dependent on the config files; it might beat the alternative,
> which is to load all fonts into memory and then filter through
> FcConfigAcceptFont afterwards on each run.

Having the local cache depend on the config files would mean that we'd
have to check timestamps on all of the config files to decide whether to
rescan the system for new fonts. That seems bad, but the alternative of
just gettin the wrong answer randomly seems *far* worse.

I realize the -1 cache files were broken in this regard...

-keith