[Fontconfig] Sigh. What to do about per-user fonts...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Apr 27 12:51:25 PDT 2006

So, I whacked fontconfig to no longer support saving cache files
directly in the font directory. However, this means that users cannot
have per-dir cache files unless they can write to the global cache
directory.

I suggest that the correct fix for this is to replace the single cache
directory with a path that can include a home-relative directory. I'm
not sure what the default should be; I'd like to stick it in ~/.fonts,
but I'm concerned that this would cause extra scanning to happen after
the cache is built.

keith.packard at intel.com