[Fontconfig] Re: Status about fontconfig CVS regarding cache handling

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Mon Feb 20 06:42:35 PST 2006

Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 09:26 -0500, Patrick Lam a écrit :
> Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Ok, I can confirm that the crash is fixed.
>
> Great.  I'm thinking of letting CVS HEAD bake for a week and if we don't
> find any new bugs I'll package 2.3.94.

I've uploaded today snapshot to Mandriva cooker.. We'll see if cooker
users screem ;)

> > The cache being always updated by fc-cache if old version (but with
> > correct magic) in present in the font directory is still there but I'm
> > not sure we can fix it with something more than --really-force (which is
> > fixing the issue). WDYT ?
>
> For me, fc-cache always blows away caches in /usr if it's creating
> caches in /var/cache.  e.g.
>
> 1. fc-cache
> 2. cp /var/cache/fontconfig/bdbd6d7262ea0e8c6174f393e1c908c8.cache-2
> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera/fonts.cache-2
> 3. fc-cache -v
> 	* blows away /usr/share/fonts/truetype/.../fonts.cache-2
> 	* creates updated bdbd6d...cache-2
> 4. fc-cache -v
> 	* skips /usr/share/fonts/truetype/.../fonts.cache-2
>
> This continues to be the case, I believe, even if fonts.cache-2 has
> incorrect magic.
>
> Please give me steps to reproduce cache-always-updated.

Oops, I just tried again and it is FIXED !!

I only tried fc-cache -v one time (which was rebuilding the cache and
removing the file), not twice.

Sorry for the false alarm.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>