[Fontconfig] Re: Status about fontconfig CVS regarding cache handling

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 20 06:26:00 PST 2006

Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Ok, I can confirm that the crash is fixed.

Great.  I'm thinking of letting CVS HEAD bake for a week and if we don't
find any new bugs I'll package 2.3.94.

> The cache being always updated by fc-cache if old version (but with
> correct magic) in present in the font directory is still there but I'm
> not sure we can fix it with something more than --really-force (which is
> fixing the issue). WDYT ?

For me, fc-cache always blows away caches in /usr if it's creating
caches in /var/cache.  e.g.

1. fc-cache
2. cp /var/cache/fontconfig/bdbd6d7262ea0e8c6174f393e1c908c8.cache-2
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera/fonts.cache-2
3. fc-cache -v
	* blows away /usr/share/fonts/truetype/.../fonts.cache-2
	* creates updated bdbd6d...cache-2
4. fc-cache -v
	* skips /usr/share/fonts/truetype/.../fonts.cache-2

This continues to be the case, I believe, even if fonts.cache-2 has
incorrect magic.

Please give me steps to reproduce cache-always-updated.

pat