[Fontconfig] Patch: fix for fc-cache with relative path

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed Jan 4 09:48:31 PST 2006

Hi,

the new cache location code has introduced new bugs in fontconfig :
-when using fc-cache . in a directory, the string used to generate
md5sum key is always "./fonts.cache-2" which will collide if the same
command is run in several directories.
-a similar problem happen when using : fc-cache /foo/bar and
fc-cache /foo/bar/ : strings used to generate md5sum are not the same,
resulting in different cache.

The attached patch fixes the issue.

I've also found other problems but I haven't fixed them (help welcome) :
-if you have a directory containing fonts.cache-2 file which are not
up-to-date but cache in /var/cache is up to date, running fc-cache will
not remove those fonts.cache-2, even with fc-cache -f. I tried to force
removal of old cache when using -f but doing so would break multiarch
cache (for instance, we run fc-cache -f when upgrading fontconfig
package, to be sure cache is coherent after a fontconfig upgrade).
-in some directories containing only ttf fonts, running fc-cache -v
again and again always regenerate the cache (which is strange, since the
directory was not modified at all).
-this last bug is causing huge delays when starting applications for the
first time after running fc-cache as root, since cache is detected as
dirty and fontconfig regenerates it for the user (and on my test system,
I have two big chinese fonts of 20MB  and 16MB ...).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva