[Fontconfig] Errors in fccache.c

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Oct 20 11:55:31 PDT 2006

Hi,
This was first reported by Vincent Torri (
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-September/002494.html ),
but doesn't appear to have been answered. Using the MinGW compiler on Win32
we're getting:

fccache.c: In function `random_level':
fccache.c:226: warning: implicit declaration of function `random'
fccache.c:226: warning: nested extern declaration of `random'
fccache.c: In function `FcDirCacheMapFd':
fccache.c:446: error: `size' undeclared (first use in this function)
fccache.c:446: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fccache.c:446: error: for each function it appears in.)
fccache.c: In function `FcMakeDirectory':
fccache.c:694: error: too many arguments to function `mkdir'
fccache.c:696: error: too many arguments to function `mkdir'

I believe the mkdir() problem is fixed by simply deleting the second
argument from the code.

As regards the problem with 'size', I took a punt and replaced it with
'fd_stat->st_size'. Is that the appropriate thing to do ? At least it
enabled compilation to proceed to a linking failure because 'random' is an
'undefined reference'.
Where is random() defined, and what's the workaround to replace it on Win32
?

Cheers,
Rob