[Fontconfig] Fwd: Truetype Collection fonts

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:04:02 PST 2007

Was sent to Inkscape-dev, but it got no replies. Perhaps someone here will
know more.

 Does Inkscape see Truetype Collection (.ttc) fonts under Linux (fontconfig)?
I was pointed to one here:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles/mikachan-font-9.1.tar.bz2

I installed it (into ~/.fonts) and it's name does not come up in the list in
the font chooser.
From what I can tell, Gimp does not see it either. I might not be seeing it in
the list, but it's named 'mikachan' and I don't find that.

I am trying to see if it's worth building support for them into Fonty Python.

\d

--
When you allow legends to rule your life, your world is based on fiction
-- Segio Aragones (Groo the Wanderer Number 99)