[Fontconfig] Fwd: Truetype Collection fonts

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Dec 22 05:06:45 PST 2007

>>>>> "Donn" == Donn  <donn.ingle at gmail.com> writes:

Donn> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles/mikachan-font-9.1.tar.bz2

Use fc-cat to see what the names are.  For the ttc files I get:

filename            i  en fontname      ja fontname
==================  =  ===============  ==============
mikachan_puchi.ttc  0  mikachan-puchi   みかちゃん-ぷち
mikachan_puchi.ttc  1  mikachan-puchiB  みかちゃん-ぷちB
mikachanall.ttc     0  mikachan         みかちゃん
mikachanall.ttc     1  mikachan-P       みかちゃん-P
mikachanall.ttc     2  mikachan-PB      みかちゃん-PB
mikachanall.ttc     3  mikachan-PS      みかちゃん-PS

There are several other useful attributes inthe fc-cat output.

And I was able to use those in GIMP.  They show up under the en names
for me, since I use en_US.UTF-8.  I presume were I to run in a locale
such as ja_JA.UTF-8 they would show up in the menu under their Hiragana
names.

-JimC