[Fontconfig] Finding a font but without fallback

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Fri Apr 25 15:58:11 PDT 2008

Vous (Sairus Patel) avez écrit :
> granularity. (My app does its own layout, parsing
> GSUB and GPOS and other OT tables.)

Miam miam :)

> For this, I
> need to be able to tell whether a particular font
> is present on the system or not.

As an example, in Fontmatrix we ask for all directories registered in the
Fontconfig configuration and then we build our own list of font files by
running recursively through these directories. We do so rather than FcList
because we want to avoid our own registered directory. Once you get this
list, you’ll be able to do watever you want with these files.

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com