[Fontconfig] Forcing Artificial Italics on Fonts That *DO* Have One Available?

Erik erik at beanbasket.com
Tue Aug 5 16:53:46 PDT 2008

If it makes you guys feel any better, I didn't actually want this for
every italic font, just those that I am doing BCI full hinting on
(mainly MS ones).  Otherwise the stems on letters look like a field of
grass waving in the wind.  So, I'm simply doing glyph abuse to fix glyph
abuse!

After posting, I played around a bit more and got the below code to
work, but I wasn't able to figure out how to insert multiple fonts
within this code; it had to be duplicated for every font.  Keith's
solution is more elegant and lets me put multiple fonts in the code.
Thanks for the help!

    <selectfont>
        <rejectfont>
            <pattern>