[Fontconfig] Replacing Individual Glyphs

Erik erik at beanbasket.com
Tue Aug 5 19:08:17 PDT 2008

Perhaps this is going off the deep end, but is there a way to replace
individual glyphs in a font with glyphs from another font?
Specifically, there is the issue with Verdana in how the bold capital N
and W are rendered.  I would like to replace those with glyphs from
DejaVu Sans if possible.  My current workaround is to replace Verdana
Bold with DejaVu Sans Bold, but I'm not a fan of the way it is hinted
with BCI.  I'm aware that this is most likely a "bug" in the way
freetype is handling those glyphs, but if I can use a hack solution, why
not?