[Fontconfig] Arial Black font issue

Nicolae Ghimbovschi xfreebird at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 01:13:57 PST 2009

Hello,

I have install different windows fonts and I'm experiencing the following issue:

In mandriva 2005 I have fontconfig 2.3.2

$ fc-list : family file | grep Arial
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont/ttf/ariblk.ttf: Arial Black

In fedora 10 I have fontconfig 2.6.0

$ fc-list : family file | grep Arial
/usr/share/fonts/drakfont/ttf/ariblk.ttf: Arial,Arial Black

In fedora in open office arial black font is substituted with arial
while in mandriva it is substituted with arial black.

My question is, why version 2.3.2 sees ariblk.ttf as Arial Black and
2.6.0 as Arial, Arial Black.
In a way the Arial Black is being shadowed by Arial.
Is there a way to this this ?

Thank You !