[Fontconfig] PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG error

Peter pcpc168 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 3 07:48:20 PST 2009

> First, I just looked at the tarball, and if you just run
> configure
> right away it should be fine. Are you running any commands
> before you
> run ./configure? Could you show the output of the commands?

I didn't run any command before ./configure.
I just rebooted the computer and run ./configure.
it doesn't work.

> Second, if you really need to rebuild the autotools, then
> the
> pkg-config autoconf macros need to be available. If you
> have the
> output from autoreconf, it might help.
>
> You also don't need to run all the commands as root.

$ autoreconf -iv --force
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: running: glibtoolize --copy --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'

$ ./configure
<....>

/Users/test/tmp/fontconfig-2.6.0/configure: line 22438: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG: command not found
/Users/test/tmp/fontconfig-2.6.0/configure: line 22441: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBXML2,'
/Users/test/tmp/fontconfig-2.6.0/configure: line 22441: `    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBXML2, libxml-2.0 >= 2.6)'

Peter