[Fontconfig] Expat Support

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 13 08:55:16 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 09:32 -0500, Matt Cupp wrote:

> So does anyone know if Expat is still supported?  Or know how hard it
> would be to reenable it?  Or have any other suggestions as to what I
> could do?  My ultimate goal would be to port Cairo to the Wii with
> FreeType support (hence requiring FontConfig).

No, expat isn't supported. I originally thought it would be fairly easy
to switch between libxml and expat, and was encouraged to use libxml
because many other applications were using that, and having two xml
parsing libraries in core at once doesn't make a lot of sense.

It would be great if you wanted to try and figure out how to make expat
work again; fontconfig doesn't have any complicated demands on an XML
parser.

keith.packard at intel.com