[Fontconfig] Font matching mismatch when font has two language name.

마잇(Mait) mattengi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 09:04:39 PDT 2010

In my ~/.fonts.conf

<match target="font">
</match>

It's Korean fonts. Now let's test my config.

~$ fc-list | grep NanumGothicCoding
NanumGothicCoding,나눔고딕코딩:style=Regular
NanumGothicCoding,나눔고딕코딩:style=Bold

~$ fc-list | grep 나눔고딕코딩
NanumGothicCoding,나눔고딕코딩:style=Regular
NanumGothicCoding,나눔고딕코딩:style=Bold

~$ fc-match NanumGothicCoding -v | grep autohint
	autohint: FcFalse(w)                             // What I want

~$ fc-match 나눔고딕코딩 -v | grep autohint
	autohint: FcTrue(w)                             // It's same font.
But didn't work.

~$ fc-match NanumGothicCoding -v | grep 'family:\|fullname:'
	family: "NanumGothicCoding"(s)
	fullname: "NanumGothicCoding"(s)

~$ fc-match 나눔고딕코딩 -v | grep 'family:\|fullname:'
	family: "나눔고딕코딩"(s)
	fullname: "NanumGothicCoding"(s)

Is this bad font problem or fontconfig? Should I add two rule for same font?
Or should make rule with 'fullname' element? I'm wondering what is right
way.

Thanks for any advice.

Here are my ENV

~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

~$ apt policy fontconfig
fontconfig
Installed: 2.6.0-1ubuntu12
Candidate: 2.6.0-1ubuntu12
Version table:
*** 2.6.0-1ubuntu12 0
500 http://kr.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

~$ fc-match --version
fontconfig version 2.6.0

I'm using linuxmint 8 - It's Ubuntu 9.10 based

--
Mait