[Fontconfig] Composite Font Representation

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Thu Aug 9 23:07:54 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM, suzuki toshiya
<mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> In my understanding, fontconfig does not provide a font face "object",
> so new thin layer above fontconfig & freetype is expected.

That's true. after reading the paper, I'm thinking of similar.
supporting the CFR in fontconfig only may needs a lot of changes in
applications as well as fontconfig. if freetype has any hook to be
filled in the missing piece, that would be easier. particularly to
know where the real font is in, what the fallback font is if it's
missing and what the language is preferred too maybe.

Aside from that we may need to add the postscript name in the cache to
allow on the lookup since the CFR uses it rather than the family name.

--
Akira TAGOH