[Fontconfig] fc-query output, misunderstanding?

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 05:33:06 PST 2012

I'm returning to this thread since my understanding of this is somehow wrong.

On 17 January 2012 14:57, Akira TAGOH <akira at tagoh.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand a question properly though, U+E059 should
> appears on the output of fc-query when available:
>
> 00e0: 00000000 00000000 02000000 ....
>
> details:
> 0xe059 >> 8  = 0xe0
> 0xe059 & 0xff / 32 = 2 (+1 column)
> 0xe059 & 0x1f = 25 (bit)
>
> It's the position for U+E059.I'm returning to this thread since I clearly don't understand the matrix.

The output from fc-query in question is
00e0: 00000000 00000000 00000070 00000800

I'm translating from the matrix to Unicode code points.

If I understand it correctly, the starting value of each group in this line is:

E000  E020  E040 ...
Hence for the group 00000070
                                1           32
The characters are in the range E040..E5F

Which 'end' of the group represents the lower value please?
The left hand or right hand end?
Is E040 bit 1 or bit 32?

Is this documented anywhere please?

TIA