[Fontconfig] Request for implementing font substitution for CJK fonts

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jun 10 00:30:21 PDT 2012

Le Ven 8 juin 2012 13:05, BlissSam a écrit :

> Sorry for the delay of this mail. For I am busy these couple of days.
>
> So let us provide a tool to generate fallback rules instead of making user
> write XML conf on their own from scratch.

Well we're not making the user write them frow scratch, me make the packager
write them and they are installed with the font files automatically.

> Also it can generate some other things useful (e.g. preference, anti-alias and
> so on).
>
> And I think the current syntax of fallback rules is so complicated that I
> cannot understand

That's how it works now an why we had to document it Fedora-side.

Now if you add up all the possible effects a user could want, I'm sure you'll
never end up with something simple (at best a maze of toggles). Though
fontconfig syntax could probably be improved for the most frequent use cases,
but that requires careful design

--
Nicolas Mailhot