[Fontconfig] What sets the Cache file size on windows?

mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:53:00 PDT 2012

I received an off list reply suggesting that "Dependency Walker" be
applied to the executables.
That resolved the issue - ft_example.exe was picking up an older
fontconfig-1.dll from a directory
listed in the command shell path.  The only way I found NOT to use that
was to copy the
ft_example.exe into the same directory as Inkscape.exe and then run it
there.  (Removing that
directory from the PATH in MSYS did not help.)  When done like that
ft_example created the larger/newer cache,
and Inkscape and ft_example happily used the same cache.

Regards,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu