[Fontconfig] What sets the Cache file size on windows?

mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:59:38 PDT 2012

Both inkscape and my ft_example program create one cache file when they
run on Windows,
which are, respectively:

ef9c9ad8cc5857eb63cb36660bc8bd202-le32d8.cache-3 935KB
ef9c9ad8cc5857eb63cb36660bc8bd202-mipsel.cache-2 456KB

The sizes are always the same, with Inkscape's about 2X larger than my
little test program.
The test program calls FcInit() and I have no idea how Inkscape does
it, probably
indirectly through Pango.  So why are the cache sizes different and why
does mine use the
old mipsel whereas inkscape uses the newer le32d8?  Also what is the
difference between cache-2 and cache-3?
This is all on the the same Windows system, with the same fonts, with
the same config files, using as near as I can tell the
same fontconfig-1.dll!  (There are several copies of this on disk, but
they all have the same md5 hash.
There seems to be no "ldd" in Msys, so I cannot say for sure what is
being used, but the link command should
have attached the same dll.)

Thank you,

David Mathog