[Fontconfig] How to do cross-platform generation of fontconfig cache

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Apr 9 12:55:55 PDT 2013

On 13-04-09 03:49 PM, GD dev wrote:
> To save time on cache generation, I want to generate fontconfig-cache files on
> Linux and use those on QNX.
>
> I have tried making directory structures (with font files and fontconfig's XML
> files) and timestamps same on both platforms (using chroot and touch) but the
> cache files generated on Linux are still different from those generated on QNX.
>
> Could I specify endianness, pointer-size and double-alignment to generate
> cache for QNX while running in Linux or would I need to do some other changes
> as well. Any pointers are much appreciated.

Hi Gaurav,

Unfortunately you can't do that right now.  Fontconfig can only dump caches
for the runtime architecture right now.  It wouldn't be impossible to change
that, but would be very fragile.  Would be much easier I think to get a qemu
instance or something going on to generate the caches.

behdad

> Regards,
> Gaurav

behdad