[Fontconfig] Problems cross compiling fontconfig-2.11.0 using the PS3 Toolchain

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Fri Dec 13 00:46:14 PST 2013

For symlink() in FcParseInclude(), it is necessary to do the auto
migration on following the XDG Base Directory Specification. I have no
idea how to do without it though, if you don't care, you could simply
ignore it or we could make a wrapper function on such platform where
doesn't support symlink() perhaps.

For readlink() in FcGetPrgname(), if there are any way to get the
process name without it, I'm willing to add the code to support it.
please let me know. even if there aren't, we could try to substitute
it with the "process-<pid>" name perhaps?

any suggestions are welcome.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Nacho Man <nacho2874 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I am working on updating some the EFL libraries for the PS3.  One of
> the libraries that it needs is fontconfig.  It was using 2.8.0.  I'm having
> troubles with the 2.11.0 version though.  There is no readlink or symlink
> functions for the toolchain.  What is the purpose of the symlink function
> call in FcParseInclude() section of src/fcxml.c and the readlink function in
> the FcGetPrgname section of src/fcxml.c?  Is there anyway around me using
> them?   Are they completely necessary?  Can I hard code a value in for the
> FcGetPrgname and do away with the symlink stuff all together?  I could just
> add something to the #ifndef _WIN32 like #ifndef _WIN32 && __llv2ppu__.  I
> just want to make sure it won't break anything.   Thank you.

Akira TAGOH