[Fontconfig] On the order of test and edit elements in a match

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jan 14 12:26:56 PST 2013

Currently, for every match elements, all tests are evaluated, and if all
match, all edits are applied in order of appearance.

I like to change this such that all test and edits are applied in order of
appearance simultaneously.   These are the reasons:

1) It's more intuitive,

2) It allows more succinct config.  You can do:

  <match>
    <test1>
    <edit1>
    <test2>
    <edit2>
  </match>

instead of:

  <match>
    <test1>
    <edit1>
  </match>
  <match>
    <test1>
    <test2>
    <edit2>
  </match>

3) It allows editing the pattern and then testing based on new edited values.

In the bitmap-scaling config I had to work around both 2 and 3.

Thoughts?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/