[Fontconfig] FcConfigEnableHome?

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue Jul 1 04:11:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Jerry Casiano <jerrycasiano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again for the quick attention.
>
> I really hate to be a bother. But I do have one concern about the latest commit.
> If we disable the user cache and data directories, will FontConfig
> write the users cache/data somewhere else? Or will the users fonts
> simply not show up?

Only reading/writing the caches/fonts/config on the system directories.
i.e. if the caches needs to be updated, that requires the write access
to the system cache directory then. otherwise, fontconfig will tries
to read the caches on the system cache directories and show up the
fonts on the system fonts only. that said, correctly speaking, it just
affects FcConfigHome() behavior. if one writes the full path (without
using ~ of course) in the system's fonts.conf to somewhere on the user
directories, that will still be used.

> Some background, my application Font Manager disables loading of user
> configuration files so that FontConfig will give it a full listing of
> installed files even those that are disabled using <rejectfont>. Then
> it selectively loads user configuration files that don't affect
> rendering through Pango.

Did it really work before?
fontconfig relies on FcConfigHome() to obtain the user's home
directory, FcConfigEnableHome(FcFalse) should applies to the caches,
config, and fonts then.

--
Akira TAGOH