[Fontconfig] Unable to update the static FcBlanks

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon May 18 03:42:07 PDT 2015

that is displayed because you use the old fonts.conf or keep blank tag in
the config you own. FcBlanks isn't configurable anymore. I meant to let
users know it doesn't work as expected so that there are no way to see if
it was modified or not. it should be gone if you just install new one
though, just curious how you saw that.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:

> With fontconfig-2.11.93 I'm getting a number of messages on the terminal:
>
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0600
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0601
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0602
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0603
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x06dd
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x070f
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x2028
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x2029
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfff9
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfffa
>   Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfffb
>
> Is this something to worry about?
>
> It's rather annoying, so if it's not an error but only an information, it
> would be nice if it could be suppressed somehow (or become a debug
> message).
>
> Ingo

Akira TAGOH