[Fontconfig] different font sets for nearly identical code paths

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue Sep 1 04:10:35 PDT 2015

Well, that is those are different API and running under the different code.
those doesn't guarantee the same result even if giving the same pattern.
it's rather unlikely since FcFontSort() expects to run after
FcConfigSubstitute() and FcDefaultSubstutite() that modifies the pattern.
so it's exactly not same input.

Exactly speaking more, that is the implementation issue in FcFontList().
that said, all of configuration affects to the result of FcFontSort(),
guaranteeing that on both APIs may be not a big deal IMHO. I don't know
what you are trying with it though.

--
Akira TAGOH