[Fontconfig] performance issue questions

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Nov 28 07:09:03 UTC 2016

I think you are talking about the case for FAT. we do wait for 2 seconds to
exit because the resolution of mtime on FAT is it. though it doesn't help
for running many processes to update caches because it isn't a singleton
process and other process can access caches and the targeted
directories/fonts during updating.
fc-cache might be multi-threading but I'm not sure if writing caches is the
thread-safety nor worth doing so. and if we do, doing it as a single
process like demonizing may be better, to avoid complication.

--
Akira TAGOH