[fprint] Is there an option for fprintd to disable policy checking?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 28 06:51:24 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 05:25 -0700, Karsten Jeppesen wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> On embedded platforms (ARM9) there are but one user: root. (Not like
> highlander, there can be more than one) but usually not.
> And theres isn't that much space.
> So the policy checking in device.c
> Can it be disabled? (doesn't look like it)
> Just asking before using the big cut n paste approach.

I don't understand why you'd want or need to do that when:
- you already use D-Bus and dbus-glib
- you should _really_ be using separate users otherwise what's the point
of using fprintd when you could talk to the fingerprint reader directly
(and lose all privileges separation at the same time)

It's not possible to remove the dependency, and there's no plans to make
that possible.

Cheers