[fprint] Is there an option for fprintd to disable policy checking?

Karsten Jeppesen arm9263 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 00:21:46 PDT 2012

Hi Bastien,

Well I could be working against the stream - you tell  me, please.

What I am attempting to do is this: We have an application (Qt based) where we would like to use fingerprints to authorize the use of some functionality. So the application itself will not be "changing user" rather it just needs to know who is actually authorizing a special operation at a certain point in time.

I know you built the fprintd specially targetting PAM, but since Qt has an excellent DBUS support it seemed obvious to let fprintd connect to Qt using DBUS to facilitate the authorization. Its a bit different than the log-in procedure.

But thanks anyway for your reply, it was helpful,

Sincerely,
Karsten Jeppesen