[fprint] Authentec Design Specification - AES2810 & AES2550

Jango j.4 at gmx.at
Thu May 31 02:55:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 29/05/12 21:44, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
> 2012/5/29 Jango <j.4 at gmx.at>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Awesome news!
>>
>> To further help the fprint team developing a driver for AES2810 I can
>> provide one AES2810 internal fingerprint reader removed from an Thinkpad
>> X200. I never used it (as there is no driver for Linux) and got a new
>> palmrest.
>
> Is it possible to connect it somehow to USB?

With a little construction session it might be possible:
http://ubuntuone.com/196WbYCoMz9rC7zAQrOPQ6

The connector to the mainboard has a lot of pins, but the direct
connector to the fingerprint reader looks a lot like 4 pin USB. It might
be possible to attach a cable there.

>> If anybody volunteers to develop a driver, I would happily ship him/her
>> the device for free.
>
> I can try If no one else volunteers (there could be problems with
> shipping device to Belarus).
> I have some experience in drivers development (google for my nickname
> for details).
> Just want to warn that I've no much spare time, so it can take a while...

I would like to send it to someone who really has the knowledge to be
able to do this, but urgently needs a device (which is tricky, as this
fingerprint readers are just sold in Laptops).

So, if nobody else declares high interest in this device, I can of
course ship it to you!

>> Thanks for your effort,
>> Jango
>
> Regards