[fprint] 147e:2020 Upek TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor

Andrea Oliveri oliveriandrea at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:05:52 PST 2012

Hello,
I have a Thinkpad T430 with this chip.
I tried to develop a driver for it but i stoped becouse the
communication between the pc and the chip is encrypted. After some
initial message (like "Ciao") the chip (i think) sends to pc a random
message and the pc crypts this message and repost it to the chip. The
message is different whenever the communication is opened.
The easier solution is to develop a intermediate layer between libfprint
and the proprietary library....