[fprint] AES1660: call for testers

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:56:41 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Petr Dlouhý <petr.dlouhy at email.cz> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Petr,

> the image seems to be much better put together and I have obviously better match rate. Although sometimes even clearly scanned fingerprints fail to be matched. I think, that the image is bit too light and slightly blurry,

It's blurry due to bi-linear filtration. Image is stretched 2x in
horizontal dimension to make libfprint algorithms work better on it.

>which leads to false gaps in the lines. Sometimes, some of the stripes are a bit darker or lighter than the rest of the image.

Could you send me (in private mail) screenshot of fprint_demo (with
black square in the middle of scan to prevent fingerprint data
disclosure
would be OK, see screenshot from
http://anarsoul.blogspot.com/2012/10/fingerprinting-again.html for
example),
so I get idea what are you talking about. Both normal and binarized
versions would be nice.

Btw, sensor area is rather small (128px only), so I suspect it's all
we can get from this device.
However I'm getting pretty good results with it (up to 30-35
minutiaes) and score for match is usually higher than 50,
it's about 30 if scan is not accurate enough, but still enough to
consider if finger matches or not.

Regards
Vasily