[fprint] AuthenTec AES2810 (08ff:2810)

Anton Krug anton.krug at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:50:02 PDT 2012

Hi

I found the remark that the "less safe" mode is available, l'm little bit
in awe. I was in belive that there is just the crypto mode and
AuthenTec wouldn't supply protocol documentation to keep it safe, so the
only way to get it working would be reverse engineer it. After couple tries
years ago I just forget about it knowing that most probably won't be
functional in Linux at all. Nice for the company that changed the mind and
supplied the 'less safe' mode protocol specification. Maybe it would be
even nicer if they did from beginning. But better late than never.

In configure.ac I changed the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE version so it will not
complain about mine and it compiled without any problems. I got the demo
working too, for over hour I was forcing to compile completely
the fingerprintGUI, but now that works too and recognizes the reader. Very
nice. :-)

Now I have piece of mind that all my laptops hardware is supported by Linux.

Anton