[fprint] New ubuntu user

Vojtěch Polášek krecoun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 14:43:07 PDT 2013

Hi,
my name is Vojta and I am a blind Linux user from Czech Republic.
I have recently bought Lenovo Thinkpad X230 with Upek fingerprint reader
(sorry for possible misspell).
I would like to try it with fprint, but I have the following problem:
I want to use my fingerprint just for sudo.
So I added your PPA to my Ubuntu 12.04 installation, installed fprintd
with dependencies.
When using fprintd-enroll, everything works, but when doing sudo, it
prompts me for a password first and when I just press enter, it says,
that no fingerpint could be found in the hardware.
I tried enrolling with
pam_fprint_enroll but at the end it exits with data storage failure
error -1.
And still I am aksed for password first and after then for my fingerprint.
This is content of my /etc/pam.d/sudo:

#%PAM-1.0

#auth       required   pam_env.so readenv=1 user_readenv=0
#auth       required   pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/#locale
user_readenv=0
auth       required pam_env.so
auth       sufficient   pam_fprintd.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so try_first_pass likeauth nullok
auth       required pam_deny.so
@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-session-noninteractive

end of my config file.
If you want more debugging info, just tell me.
Please help me, I would like to use this hardware when I have it.
Thanks,
vojta