[fprint] New ubuntu user

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Sep 12 20:03:50 PDT 2013

Em Thu, 2013-09-12 às 23:43 +0200, Vojtěch Polášek escreveu:
> When using fprintd-enroll, everything works, but when doing sudo, it
> prompts me for a password first and when I just press enter, it says,
> that no fingerpint could be found in the hardware.

Please quote the exact error message (in English as well). Looks like
the PAM stack is badly configured.

> I tried enrolling with
> pam_fprint_enroll but at the end it exits with data storage failure
> error -1.

You're mixing bits from fprintd (including its pam_fprintd PAM module),
and pam_fprint, which is completely obsolete software. fprintd-enroll is
the correct command for this.

> And still I am aksed for password first and after then for my fingerprint.
> This is content of my /etc/pam.d/sudo:

I have no idea why your PAM configuration would ask for the password
first, but it's clear that you should look in that direction for solving
the problem.

Cheers