[fprint] EgisTec ES603 Error -22

Martin Hejnfelt martin at duffman.dk
Tue Mar 25 14:22:50 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 13:19 +0100, Patrick Marlier wrote:
> > fp:debug [fpi_imgdev_report_finger_status] finger on sensor
> > etes603:debug [process_remove_fp_end] Removing 354 empty lines from
> > image
> > etes603:debug [process_remove_fp_end] Removing 0 empty lines from image
> > fp:debug [fpi_img_new] length=163840
> > etes603:debug [m_capture_state] Sending the raw fingerprint image
> > (0x640)
> > fp:debug [fpi_imgdev_image_captured]
> > fp:debug [fpi_img_detect_minutiae] minutiae scan completed in 0.057886
> > secs
> > fp:debug [fpi_img_detect_minutiae] detected 97 minutiae
>

> Indeed first capture looks fine even though 354 lines are removed from
> the capture. How fast did you swipe? Did you try fprint_demo to check
> the quality of fingerprint?
Usually I swipe somewhat fast (same speed as I would on my UPEK in my
laptop). I don't have a mm per sec. speed, but I would imagine its
regular swipe speed :) The quality in fprint_demo varies, and usually I
can't get through a enroll phase. The first image looks good (although a
bit more "rough" and interlaced compared to my UPEK, but then usually it
stops with either just some black lines, or nothing, in a second image.
It's almost like it detects my finger again, after I removed it.

Note that this reader is a cheap dealextreme unit
(http://www.dx.com/p/mini-usb-2-0-biometric-fingerprint-reader-password-security-lock-for-pc-109073#.UzHzM9ud58M), that has a very "chinese" (without being offensive) feel to it, if you know what I mean. I am thinking if I should switch to a more robust and expensive alternative, but I guess thats another issue :)

> > etes603:debug [process_remove_fp_end] Removing 498 empty lines from
> > image
> > etes603:debug [process_remove_fp_end] Removing 496 empty lines from
> > image
>

> Here the second fingerprint seems empty... Not sure what happened
> here. Is it easy to reproduce?

Yes, it happens almost all the time.

> I think the best way to find the problem is that you try fprint_demo
> and you send me debug output and resulted fingerprint images.
I'll try to dig something out!

> Thanks!
> --
> Patrick