[fprint] Microcontroller port of nbis package

Aydoğan Ersöz aydoganersoz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 05:29:42 PDT 2014

Dear fprint community,

I'm working on a microcontroller project which embeds Fujitsu MBF900PFW
imaging sensor on it. The microcontroller that I'm using is STM32F417IGH6.
It has 1MB of flash memory and 196KB of RAM.

I'm trying to see that if I can port libfprint into microcontroller world.
I started from nbis part of the library. I managed to compile and link nbis
for microcontroller. (I'm using Keil uVision 4.16 MDK as IDE on Windows 7)

The problem is nbis consumes (consume may not be the right word but never
mind) extremely much memory for microcontroller. There are many arrays that
takes (20000 * 4) bytes for example.

Do you have any idea that if I can port libfprint to microcontroller? Is it
a meaningful task or not? Do I have a chance to optimize the memory? Do you
have some simplified algorithms for lightweight usage?

I'm waiting your kind reply.

Thanks in advance and wish you the best.

Aydogan Ersoz