[fprint] Help with reader.

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza vilmar at informal.com.br
Mon Dec 28 09:55:12 PST 2015

Hi.
What version of libfprint and fprintd did you install?
Can you tell some information of your device?
I think that the command lsusb is your friend.

In my laptop i got the following information:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 138a:0011 Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS5011
Fingerprint Reader

On 12/28/2015 03:47 PM, Arjoonn Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a device prebuilt into my laptop
> which has denied all my efforts to get it to work under Linux.
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I do not know
> where else to ask.
>
> Now after installing libfprint and fprintd through various paths
> (apt-get , building, etc)
> whenever I try to enroll the fingers, the scanner scans the finger
> once, then gets stuck
> at the second scan.
>
> How do I proceede to resolve this situation?
>
> Sincerely,
> Arjoonn Sharma

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza