[fprint] Help with reader.

Martin Hejnfelt martin at duffman.dk
Tue Dec 29 00:56:59 PST 2015

Hi Arjoonn,

On Mon, 2015-12-28 at 23:17 +0530, Arjoonn Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a device prebuilt into my laptop

It's always nice to get some USB information, usually lsusb output gives
a good idea about the device...

> which has denied all my efforts to get it to work under Linux.
>
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I do not know
> where else to ask.
>

> Now after installing libfprint and fprintd through various paths
> (apt-get , building, etc)

Which versions have you been using? Building from git master or? The
packaged versions with many distros are oooooold...

> whenever I try to enroll the fingers, the scanner scans the finger
> once, then gets stuck
>
> at the second scan.

I've had a similar issue with a Digital Persona device. It was resolved
long ago in the official code repository
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/commit/?id=9f408bf51b7740e87c3d0b90e5adc5de3c37c052

I don't know if you are seeing the same issue, but in order to help,
more information about device would be nice...

Best regards,
Martin