[fprint] Help with reader.

Martin Hejnfelt martin at duffman.dk
Tue Dec 29 01:15:56 PST 2015

Hi Arjoonn,

On Tue, 2015-12-29 at 14:32 +0530, Arjoonn Sharma wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> I am new to this so please excuse the clumsiness.

No worries, I am no mailing list guru myself :P

> lsusb returns
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 138a:0005 Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS301
> Fingerprint Reader

Well at least its not the same unit as I had problems with, so the
problem might not be related to what I saw...

> fprintd-0.6.0-1 is installed from AUR which I believe is the Git
> master.

Well 0.6.0 was the release just before the commit that fixed my problem
(which showed the same behaviour). However as far as I know, when the
packagers make these distro specific packages they sometimes apply some
patches themselves so they're not always directly related to the source
release tree so if the fix is in that version I do not know...

I would try cloning the current git master, build it and try to see if
it works with that...

I must admit also that my experience with libfprint has been with
standalone applications linking directly with libfprint, not using
fprintd.

Best regards,
Martin