[fprint] upektc_img driver enhancements

Jan Breuer jan.breuer at jaybee.cz
Fri Dec 16 15:48:41 UTC 2016

Hello,
I have multiple different figerprint readers from CrossMatch. Because of
the acquisition of DigitalPersona and Upek, they are formally Upek
TouchChip based. I have also documentation of ESS&TFM communication
protocol (The protocol with "Ciao" header).

I have these readers all with the same USB ID 147e:2016
Area sensor TCETC1FF022
Area sensor TCETD1FF022
Strip senzor TCESC4KS0C0
EikonTouch 710 (based on TCETD1)

I have extended the upektc_img driver based on this documentation, so it
can now work with all these readers. I can also determine image resolution
and type (area, strip) at runtime, so it now supports all possible Upek
TouchChip based sensors.

I have two questions:

Is it legal to send you patch based on this documentation (documentation is
under NDA)?

If yes, what is the best way to tell the driver the sensor type and
resolution? I'm now changing upektc_img_driver values at runtime, but these
values are not properties of currently connected reader but properties of
the driver itself. It is impossible to use more then one fignerprint reader
at a time. Is this OK?

Best regards,
Jan Breuer