[fprint] Call for testing: UPEK 147e:1001, AES1660, AES1610, AES2501, AES2550, AES2810, AES2660

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:14:10 UTC 2016

Hi Julian,

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
> W dniu 02.01.2016 o 01:53, Vasily Khoruzhick pisze:
>> On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Vasily,
>>
>> Hi Julian,
>
> Hi Vasily,
>>
>>> I should have checked git first, sorry about that. I updated the Fedora
>>> package locally to use git source and the scanner is working, thank you!
>>
>> Thanks a lot for testing!
>>
>>> The only issue is that is seems somewhat unresponsive - it appears that
>>> it takes some time until a fingerprint is processed, plus there is no
>>> messsage that matching failed on the login screen:
>>>
>>> - I swiped my finger
>>> - I waited 15 seconds, nothing happened
>>> - I swiped again, logged in immediately
>>
>> Report these issues to gdm developers. libfprint/fprintd/pam_fprintd
>> report failures properly, you can check it by invoking
>> "fprintd-verify" from console.
>
> It took me some time but I finally managed to reproduce the issue with
> fprintd-verify alone:
>
> $ fprintd-verify
> Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
> Listing enrolled fingers:
>  - #0: right-index-finger
>
> It appears that if I swipe my finger only once, fprint will get stuck
> here. On the other hand, if I 'wake' the scanner again - by swiping a
> different finger for example - the verification will happen immediately.
>
> Verify result: verify-match (done)
> ReleaseDevice failed: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by
> message bus)

I'll try to reproduce it with my device. Meanwhile could you please
compile libfprint with debug logs enabled,
start fprintd manually (just kill running daemon with "sudo pkill -9
fprintd" and start a new one in console with "/usr/lib/fprintd"),
try to reproduce the issue and then save log and send it to me.